Ms. Becky Roberts (my second grade teacher) was in Jackson this morning and came by the house for coffee, pastries, to meet Oscar, and of course to see her most favorite, best student ever. Ms. Roberts is one of those great teachers that some children experience when they are young that changes them forever. Ms. Roberts really encouraged me to read and be creative, probably to keep my seven year old mouth from yapping away while she was trying to teach math. She is definitely one of the reasons I had a love to read early on and have continued to read my whole life. There is no doubt that teachers shape who we are going to be and lucky for me I had a very gifted, patient teacher who helped mold me into the person I am today. I am so grateful and happy that she got to spend time with me, Chris, Oscar, and George this morning.

No comments:
Post a Comment