Most of what I see on Pinterest cannot be done by everyone or it is something so lame that a normal person should not re-create it. Most of the photos you see were done by professionals or people who are naturally crafty. There is a reason why there is one Martha Stewart and a bunch of people making lopsided souffles.
Sometimes though I see something that is so genius, and is actually something a normal person on Pinterest could make with easy success. This is one of those pins. I made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies for my father-in-law, Billy, and Tara', and I had pumpkin left over that I did not use. As I was cruising Pinterest, Kimberly Lowry had pinned "Homemade Pumpkin Frozen Yogurt". I clicked and clicked again to get to the recipe; I read it and before you could say, "Thank God for pumpkins and fall", I was in the kitchen whipping it up. Verdict: wonderful, so good, and so easy.
* I did not add the sugar, and it was still sweet.
** Thank you to Kimberly Lowry.
Homemade Pumpkin Frozen Yogurt
1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt, strained
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Mix everything together in a large mixing bowl until completely combined. Churn the mixture in an ice cream maker for a few minutes until it is a smooth, cool consistency. Alternatively, place the bowl in the freezer and stir mixture every half hour until it reaches desired consistency.

No comments:
Post a Comment