There is a small urban type market half a mile from our house called Aspens Market. This is the market you go to when the Whole Foods in town seems too cheap. I go there when we need milk or something small and look around because they carry specialty items that you cannot find anywhere else like...... Cafe du Monde Beignet mix!! I cannot begin to tell you how excited I was to see that familiar gold, brown, and white box. I am a made from scratch kind of girl except when it come to beignets. I have never found a recipe that makes them light, fluffy and oh so delicious like a Cafe du Monde beignet, and when someone has been in business making only one food item for 149 years, there is no need to reinvent the wheel. So I bought a box and surprised Chris with beignets on Saturday morning. They looked wonderful and it was great to have memories of home and teach Oscar about Louisiana culture.
No comments:
Post a Comment