We went to the Farmer's Market on Saturday and while buying collard greens, spinach, and bing cherries, I bought a Sugar Pine cone. The Sugar Pine is supposedly the world's tallest pine tree, which produces the largest pine cones in the world. There is always a booth at the market where a lady is always selling lavender, pastries, and these pine cones. I have bought lavender from her several times in the past, but I am not one of those people who collect pine cones as decoration. However, this past Saturday, I came up with a use for these mammoth pine cones- a bird feeder project with Oscar! As I waited in line, I was so excited and I told the woman selling them what I was going to do with my pine cone. Apparently she thought this was no life for her beautiful pine cones, but as I said above, I am not decorating my house with pine cones, sticks, leaves or anything except maybe flowers from trees. On Sunday, after Oscar's nap, we brought out all the supplies for the bird feeder. Oscar, Chris, and I worked together spreading peanut butter and sprinkling wild bird seed all over the pine cone. Oscar really liked helping with the bird seed and he was so proud of his bird feeder. Chris hung it up right outside our dining room window, so hopefully we can watch the birds eat while we eat.
No comments:
Post a Comment