Monday, July 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy!

We had a great birthday with Daddy. As many of you know, Chris lost his Benchmade pocket knife to the nice folks at the New Orleans Airport in May, and ever since then I have been planning my revenge (against the man). So for his birthday I surprised him with a new Mini Griptilian pocket knife! He was so happy and of course immediately was trying to see if it was sharp enough to shave his arm hair. (Sometimes I worry about his sanity.)
In the afternoon we had several friends over for cake, ice cream, beer, and ladder golf. My new cake invention: yellow cake with a fudge marble on bottom, a double fudge brownie on top, topped with milk chocolate icing, and with cream cheese decorations was delicious! After cake & ice cream a few of us hung out, grilled, and had a wonderful time catching up with friends. Chris really had a great birthday!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous14.7.09

    Oh my gosh, the cake sounds amazing!! Is there a recipe somewhere or did you just make that up on your own? That's so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kate- I will email you the details.

    ReplyDelete