Yay
for Thanksgiving lunch many times over! Oscar’s school had their Thanksgiving
lunch with the parents today. The school cooks turkey, mashed potatoes, gray,
dressing, rolls and the parents bring the sides and dessert. Nothing like sitting
around tables, with your child, celebrating Thanksgiving with his friends and
teachers. Want to feel like a giant? Sit around a table built for 3-5 year olds
with children; it was like I ate that mushroom in Alice in Wonderland, also I
was almost 6’ tall in my boots today sitting in a chair 12” above the floor. Oscar’s
friends are all polite, incredibly cute children; I am always amazed how Emily
and her assistant teachers have so many preschoolers not only controlled, but
saying “please”, “thank you”, and “may I be excused”. As soon as these same
children get strapped into the car to go home, I bet the same thing happens,
they all turn into demanding, crazy, but still lovable children. I know ours
does. I think parenting is sometimes all about dealing with the crazy so
teachers, grandparents, friends, and strangers get the version they think is so
sweet and adorable. Yeah, just try being in the car when all you want to do is
listen to is one of “your songs”, but instead hear, “I want to listen to
Teenage Mutange Ninja Turtles again!!”.
| They made Turkey Hats for Thanksgiving. |
No comments:
Post a Comment