Saturday, September 08, 2012

Slide Lake

We went camping this weekend to escape all the people and, at the last minute, a fire that started south of town. Chris & I decided to go to Slide Lake in the Gros Ventre range, which is amazingly beautiful. We completely lucked out and were the only people there; how is that even possible? The camping area is literally on the lake, surrounded by mountains, and no one was there..... where were they, at home, craziness I say. Our neighbor Jess and her son Kyler came with us since John was working a night shift followed by a 5:00 am morning shift and needed sleep. We set up the tent, and then got busy sitting around a campfire, drinking wine, watching Oscar and Kyler play, and eating all kinds of made delicious by the campfire food. As the gorgeous crescent moon came out, we told made up stories about Bear Paw, Running Coyote, and the moon spirit Luna at Kyler's request. After the kids went to sleep the three of pretended to be astrologers and find constellations. Thank God for the big dipper or I would be like, "there's the moon!", as my contribution. Morning was made awesome by bacon + eggs + french pressed coffee. I swear food has never tasted so good as when you are camping. Oh, did I mention I woke up to water breaking on the shore of the lake? Insert your jealousy here____________. 







No comments:

Post a Comment