Monday, June 25, 2012

Camping with Papa Charlie & Carlie

Sometimes your family will surprise you. I threw out the idea of camping a couple of weeks before they arrived thinking they would balk at the idea. Well my mom, who is usually game for anything, agreed and seemed completely excited. Great, I guess we are going camping. Camping and I have a very strange relationship. When we unpack, get the campfire started, and are making dinner/s'mores; I love camping. I often sit in a chair around the campfire thinking camping is great, we should camp more often, let's make plans to go camping again soon. Then in the morning as I am packing all the sleeping bags into the tiny bags they somehow came in (per Chris' instruction), looking over all 88 things I have to wash, and getting bit by last night's mosquitoes that are still alive; I hate camping. Why are we camping, we should never do this again, we should sell all camping gear as soon as we get home. I am a very complex, deranged individual. 
Back on subject, we had a great time. We made s'mores using my super secret trick to make the best s'more ever, and laughed around a campfire watching the sunset. Oscar and dad went to bed earlier than me, Chris, mom, & CJ and they cracked up laughing at each other telling secrets and playing with flashlights between their tents. They were two peas in a pod. It was a wonderful camping trip, just us, sharing stories, laughs, and making memories (some which will haunt us forever). 
Our family is so rugged. I was born to be a wilderness girl. 






No comments:

Post a Comment