Happy Valentine's Day. I have no idea why, but if you ask my mom, this has been my favorite holiday since I was a little girl. Warning Pollyanna moment: I guess it comes down to the fact that I love the people I am blessed to have in my life, and I think it is wonderful that we are reminded every year that you should let them know. I love reminding people how wonderful they are, and that I am so thankful for them. I do not love the 5' teddy bears and other crazy "displays of love". I love handmade valentines and simple notes.
This year I made "celery rose" valentines. You cut a whole stalk of celery, paint the bottom, press gently on paper, and voila! I mixed my Golden acrylic paints to make a beautiful purple, and then I used my Golden metallic silver acrylic paint on 3-4 pieces for accent color. I applied the paint to the bottom with a brush so I could control the amount of paint.
The design can be used for valentines, birthday, and just because cards. You can also make custom wrapping paper with this stamp.
No comments:
Post a Comment