I have loved books forever. When I was a child, Little Golden Books and The Berenstain Bears series were always on rotation. Jan and Stan Berenstain never failed to tell amazing stories accompanied by wonderful illustrations. Their stories were always insightful to childhood with stories about stage fright, bullying, fighting, and being scared. Tara' and I had a cassette recording of The Spooky Old Tree, and we listened to it probably 400 times. They did such a good job with the recording, I don't think we ever listened to it at night without being scared the rest of the evening. I love getting a second chance to read all their books again with Oscar. They are still as wonderful to me as they were when I was a child.
Jan and Stan Berenstain gave us some of the most amazing children's books. They continue to inspire children and establish a love of reading, that is something that will live on forever, and I am so grateful for the love of reading they gave me.





No comments:
Post a Comment