Earlier this spring, while on a trip to the hardware store, I saw strawberry plants for sale for 89 cents. These plants were suspicious, mainly because they were planted in what looked like plastic cups thrown at a parade. However, my soft spot for strawberries could not let me pass them up. I bought two figuring if I was out a whopping $1.78, I would manage to survive. Surprisingly these plants have done very well, and Oscar has helped me water and take care of them. Oscar gets so excited when he sees a new strawberry, and will ask everyday if it is ready (for him to eat of course). Well finally, yesterday, one strawberry was ready to eat. Oscar was kind enough to let me have a nibble, and it was an amazing strawberry. So good! Oscar cannot wait for the next one to fully ripen. Currently we have about 10 strawberries between the two plants. While this is not a great harvest, it is enough to keep us entertained and turn my little boy into the mogul of strawberry farming in Jackson, WY.
No comments:
Post a Comment