Thursday, June 30, 2011

Ouachita Parish

After Cottonport, we journeyed north to Ouachita Parish. Each member of Chris' family lives in a different city in Ouachita Parish, so we need to give props to the whole parish, not just Monroe. 
I love family in Louisiana, it is all about getting together around food. Pork chops with apricot glaze, homemade spaghetti & meatballs, grilled chicken, cupcakes.....and beer. I love the lower altitude because my "half a beer and I am buzzed" self can drink .... two beers.
The best is getting to see all the little children who are multiplying at crazy rates. Oscar loves babies and he is so sweet and gentle with them. Madeline was as beautiful as she could be and had more hair than most two year olds. Since I have to still hold Oscar who weighs 32.5 pounds, I could hold Madeline for six hours without a problem. I loved swaddling her and she was just the best to hold. Stuart reminds me so much of Oscar in terms of he loves to eat so he has some stability to him, which is great because you never feel like you are going to break him. He is also a little older so he smiles and has the best eyes. Lilya, of course, is just amazing. I love being around her, she has such a great spirit, and she has her older brother wrapped around her finger, which is so cute to see. Lilya also has a pair of flip flops in every color- a two year old who loves shoes, we were meant to be sisters. 

Madeline, Chris, & "big smile" Oscar


Oscar, Stuart, & Chris
Oscar & Swolle  (the puppy with the largest shock collar ever)
Oscar & Lilya

I want one of those coolers!
Oscar: "Uncle Trav, you are crazy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment