Stuart Lawson was being baptized in Cottonport, Louisiana, so our first stop on this Louisiana tour was Cottonport. Of course this is after we did not get to New Orleans on Friday night until 1:30 in the morning because "Oops! We only filled the plane with just exactly enough fuel to get to MSY (NO Airport) and now because of weather we have to go to Houston to get more fuel." Are you kidding me?!?! Anyways.....
Chris is always amazed that I have never been to _________, Louisiana. Listen, when you are from Southeastern Louisiana, there is no need to visit any part of the rest of the state. We have New Orleans, Baton Rouge, the Nothshore, Grand Isle, Lake Pontchartrain..... what does the rest of the state have....who knows I do not think anyone has explored it. :) (I am going to be in so much trouble.....)
Cottonport is the home town of Kelly Paige (Descant) Jaubert, the famous Miss Cochon de Lait of 1995. (I took a guess on the year) Kelly's family still lives there and we stayed at here mom's (Kay Kay) house. Kay Kay is the best, she works at the Post Office and thinks I am wonderful because I am keeping her industry in business with all my letter writing. Oscar thought her house was the best too. Kay Kay had toys, Power Wheels, a swing set, a trampoline.... it was an amusement park! Oscar LOVED the Power Wheels! His only problem is he does not understand steering, so you have to be right by him and help him not run into the side of a building or tree. The weather in Cottonport was amazing and we had a great time hanging out, drinking beer, and visiting with the Descant family.




No comments:
Post a Comment