Friday, December 03, 2010

Ponchatoula Gobble Gobble Gobble

On Turkey Day we made the mad dash to Ponchatoula to join the Van Vrancken family for Thanksgiving. I have to say, and I am not being biased, that my dad makes the best turkey in the whole wide world. He smokes it for hours and is so delicious, juicy, and I could go on forever. As proof of how delicious it is, there is no turkey left for sandwiches or anything because people cannot stop themselves from taking little bits of it for six hours straight until it is gone. Oscar is a HUGE fan of Paw Paw Charlie's turkey. We usually have to pull him away from the table. Our toddler can eat more food than both his parents combine. No wonder he has such a cute little belly.
My mom is always the perfect host and she really makes Thanksgiving such a flawless activity. I love drinking coffee in her beautiful china after dinner with my family and remembering holidays from the past. I love that we come home for this holiday every year. There is nothing better than being with great family and delicious food. It has all the wonderful moments of my childhood, and I get to revisit them every year.


He has turkey in one hand and is still reaching for more food!



MMMMM Pecan Pie!




No comments:

Post a Comment