Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Cards in a Hurry

Earlier in the fall I said (to myself) that I was going to design this year's Christmas card and it was going to be awesome. I had this whole concept and design and everything, I was just missing one thing.......TIME! Before I knew it we were leaving for Louisiana, then it was December 4, yikes! So instead of the greatness that was to be the jauberry Christmas card, I compiled several left over cards from years past, bought some boxed new ones, and even threw in some lovely papier ones to finish them out. Then we had to get a photo. Now I know a lot of people with families have professional ones done, and that is nice and all, but it also costs money. I cannot see paying $500 or more for something everyone besides grandparents are going to throw away 10 days after they receive it. So on December 6, I told Chris to bring our camera to work. We were to meet in the town square right after work and whatever we came up with, that is what people were getting for our Christmas photo. We took several options, and decided on the tree one, which we then sent to Albertson's for a grand total of $11.
Next year though, it will be great......... but I am still not having professional photos taken.



Winner!

2 comments: