
This lovely book, written by Bill Martin Jr. with illustrations by the immensely talented Eric Carle, is Oscar's #1 favorite book out of the six. Aunt Valerie gave him this book when I was only 8 weeks pregnant, which was his very first gift.

The Very Hungry Caterpillar is celebrating its 40th anniversary this year. As I said above, Eric Carle is just terrific! I believe Oscar identifies with the caterpillar because he eats a great deal in this book and Oscar loves to eat.

Of course Oscar loves this book because it has two of his favorite subjects: bears and eating. Bear Wants More is a great story about a bear who wakes up from hibernation and cannot seem to eat enough. Oscar feels your pain, Bear. This is also part of an amazing series by Karma Wilson which feature Bear and his friends, I highly recommend this series.

Wonderful book that teaches toddlers sounds that animals make with wonderful, brightly colored, large illustrations. Oscar loves to get to the dogs and say "Woof, Woof".

Very cute and catchy book about the nicknames moms give their babies, such as monkeypants. New author J.D. Lester has only two books available so far, but I highly recommend them as gifts to any mom or dad to read to their baby. Her other book is Daddy Calls Me Doodlebug and is currently available for pre-order.

Jamberry is a story of a boy and a bear (what a surprise) gathering berries for jam. Some of you will know Bruce Degen from his illustrations in The Magic School Bus series. The illustrations alone in this book are worth the purchase, but the story and its rhymes are equally worth the purchase.
My favorite book as a child. I have the copy my Granny read over and over at my house, and I still read it every now and then. I also, like Angela, love my shoes.

the very hungry catepillar is one of my all time favorite children's books!
ReplyDeleteMyra's was the Rainbow Fish and Yertle the Turtle.
ReplyDelete