Monday, July 02, 2012

Phelps Lake with Tara' & Billy

On Monday, while Oscar was at school, Tara’, Billy, Chris, and I went on a hike to Phelps Lake & Huckleberry Point in Grand Teton National Park. Tara’ had bought some blue zinc sunscreen the day before at a local bike shop, and being the good sister that I am, I agreed to wear it with her as we hiked. Nothing like a blue nose to blend in easily with fellow hikers.
The weather was wonderful, and we were sad that we did not bring our swim suits once we arrived at the beautiful lake. Instead we continued on our hike to Huckleberry Point which brought us through a marsh region that you would not expect at that elevation. I spent much of the hike running ahead, trying to hide and surprise them, but it is hard to be camouflaged in the woods when you are wearing a bright purple tank top. I never did succeed, but it was a great hike, and a wonderful time with Tara’ & Billy. 






No comments:

Post a Comment