Sunday, December 13, 2009

Turkey Day

We were in Ponchatoula for Thanksgiving Day and Chris' family drove down to be apart of the day. The house was filled with so many family members, laughter, and loud conversations (mainly from the Van Vranckens). Hey! I cannot lie- we are loud, my family sometime reminds me of the Greek family in My Big Fat Greek Wedding, but I would not rather be around anyone else.
The house was beautiful and filled with all kinds of great homemade dishes- green bean casserole, quiche, salad, sweet potato casserole, dressing, smoke turkey, pralines.....
Since this was Oscar's first Thanksgiving, when it came time to make his plate I filled it with a little bit of everything. Turns out he only wanted one thing...... TURKEY! Oscar ate more turkey than anyone, he would scream when he got to the bottom of the plate, realizing he was running out of turkey. He finally got his fill and he was able to move on to some activity, grandparent, etc.
Thanksgiving was great. It was great because everyone chipped in and made it so special and full of love.










2 comments:

  1. just the cutest little family ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous15.12.09

    I looooooove all these Ponchy pics. So adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete