Being the wilderness girl I am (you know that is the description that comes to mind when you think of me) I could not wait until the summer to go camping and take Oscar.
So on Saturday we decided to go to Shadow Mountain with the Gothams. We had purchased a pack-n-play earlier that morning so we were prepared to entertain Oscar. Everything was set. We went up the mountain, unpacked, set up camp, collected sticks (yes, I collected sticks), started a fire, started grilling, and even had dreams of smores and "pudgie pies" to come..... and then
THUNDER! RAIN! More RAIN! HAIL!
Cut to me, Oscar, Pam, & Parker eating and hiding out in their truck and Matt, Chris, & Matt hanging out under a tree getting soaked for almost two hours. We decided around 8ish that this was not the camping trip any of us had planned and we better call it.
We finally made it down the mountain of now mud and slush, threw all our wet muddy camping gear in the garage, and went to bed.
Hopefully the next "first camping trip" will be better and I will have photos and videos to accompany the story.......
Wow, you attempted camping with babies! That's brave. I'm sorry it was ruined, but at least you tried.
ReplyDelete